Every August there is excitement in the air as Salem prepares to host the Oregon State Fair. Beginning August 24, the Oregon State Fairgrounds will become one of Oregon’s most bustling cities for 11 days!
The Oregon State Fair has been bringing summer to a close in Salem since 1858 with thousands of activities, celebrations, events and attractions.
Here are a few highlights for the 2012 2012 Oregon State Fair
Big Concert Line-Up
Fri. Aug. 24th – Colbie Caillat / Gavin DeGraw
Sat. Aug. 25th – Joe Walsh
Fri. Aug. 31st – Jeff Dunham
Sat. Sept. 1st – Demi Lovato / Hot Chelle Rae
Mon. Sept 3rd – Jake Owen
- Carnival Rides (of course!)
- Free Entertainment– watch one of the many performances scheduled among 12 different stages located through out the Fairgrounds.
- Visit Les Schwab’s Familyville, and enjoy free family fun for kids of all ages.
- Festivals such as Willamette Valley Fruit Company’s Harvest Fest & Cars, Bikes & Bluesfest, Pairings, a Celebration of Oregon Wine, Cuisine, and Music!
- Camel rides, laser tag, Big Sling, go-kart racing, BMX riding.