Are you thinking about making the leap to an electric-powered vehicle? Many Oregonians already have! According to this 2013 report, Oregon’s electric vehicle industry has been growing even as other transportation industries suffered enormous losses during the recent recession.
As a result of the rise in popularity of electric cars, EV charging stations are cropping everywhere in our state! In Oregon, approximately 1,100 vehicle charging stations have been installed as part of a federally funded effort known as The Electric Vehicle Project (The EV Project), and the City of Salem is no exception!
Here are tips and resources to help our guests enjoy a better EV experience in Salem:
- It usually takes 1-2 hours to fully charge a vehicle.
- Each station has a touch screen that will walk you through the process of charging.
- Blink and Car Charging Group are responsible for the ongoing operation and maintenance of our EV charging stations.
- blinknetwork.com is a helpful resource. You can search for EV Charging stations by zip code, then “zoom in” on the map to find specific locations here in Salem.
- If you have a Blink membership, the cost to charge your vehicle is $1 an hour and you will need your Blink card. The cost is $2 per hour for non-members and you will need a personal credit card
- Salem, Oregon electric vehicle (EV) charging stations can be found in the following locations:
• Salem Public Library (two stations)
• Salem Convention Center (two stations)
• Marion Parkade (two stations)
• West Salem Library (two stations)
• Chemeketa Parkade (four stations)
• Liberty Parkade (two stations)
• Riverfront Park (two stations)
Click here to read The City of Salem’s EV FAQ sheet. If you have any maintenance concerns about any of Salem’s charging stations, please contact City of Salem Facilities Division at 503-588-6306.
For more information, news, and events related to electric vehicles in Oregon, please visit www.driveoregon.org.