Where can newly engaged couples find everything they’ll need for their wedding?
If you happen to be in Salem, Oregon later this month, the answer is the Oregon Wedding Showcase
happening January 27th & 28th, 2018 at the Oregon State Fairgrounds!
This is the perfect opportunity to interact with hundreds of potential wedding vendors from all over the state under one roof! Imagine how much time you will save when you have the opportunity to meet multiple, professional wedding vendors – venues, coordinators, photographers, bridal salons, florists, catering businesses, DJ’s, etc. all in ONE day!
The event staff and wedding planning experts at The Salem Convention Center cannot wait to meet with the many brides-to-be, grooms-to-be, wedding professionals, bridal party members, and relatives from all over the region expected to gather at this premiere wedding event. Our seasoned wedding professionals have had the pleasure of participating in the Oregon Wedding Showcase for a number of years and have a few tips to share with first-time event-goers.
1. Get your tickets in advance and save $. Brides-to-be can pre-register for the show and receive an email for $2 off for tickets purchased at the door -or- a coupon code for $3 off advance tickets. If you’ve already booked a wedding vendor, ask them if they have any complimentary tickets they could share with you!
2. Have a good idea of your date the /time of year of the wedding. Some vendors get booked up to a year in advance, so even if you have not nailed down the exact date, having an ideal date will help you find potential vendors that fit your budget and time frame.
3. Have a good idea of the number of people you’re inviting. This is another critical factor. Do you want a large wedding with 200+ guests or a smaller intimate affair? This piece of information will help you find wedding professionals that best suit your needs!
4. Make a list of the specific vendors you are searching for. Many first-time event goers are simply overwhelmed by the number of wedding services available! It’s important to have an idea of the elements you are going to want to include in your wedding so you can find the best wedding professionals available. Check trusted sites like “The Knot” for helpful checklists and guidelines.
5. Avoid using up valuable time filling out forms at each booth. Bring pre-printed labels with your name, number, wedding date, address, email so that you don’t have to spend time filling out your information at each vendor booth. You’re welcome!
6. Bring a bridesmaid, family member or your fiancé with you to assist. You definitely need a support group to come along. They may remember things you’re forgetting, they can take notes, be your official bag holder, etc.
7. Stay for the fashion show for bridal dresses, groom attire, bridal party attire and mother of the bride/father of the bride attire. The event features a fun fashion show twice daily that will show you the latest wedding gown styles, bridesmaid dress color trends, and men’s formal wear options.
8. Sign your vendors at the show for discounts. If you find the right vendor, you could save money by booking them on the spot for a discounted rate!
9. Be prepared for several freebies.
10. Stop by the Salem Convention Center booth. We are proud to be a participating vendor again this year at this premiere wedding event. Be sure to stop by and visit our booth so we can answer all of your questions about our beautiful venue and the “specials” we are offering during the show. We can even reserve your date & time for a champagne site tour on the spot!
About the Oregon Wedding Showcase
Oregon Wedding Showcase features over 70 unique exhibitors and wedding professionals for thousands of wedding ideas, planning, and inspiration for even the most DIY brides and grooms. Invitations, gifts, reception and venue ideas, both indoor and outdoor, cakes, photographers and videographers, wedding planners, flowers, vintage style, caterers, dresses and formal attire for the entire wedding party, and so much more.